Meet Manuel E. Diaz, DDS
Dr. Diaz was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico. He attended the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan where he received a Bachelor of Science in Cellular and Molecular Biology. Dr. Diaz completed his doctoral training from Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas, Texas in 2001. One year later he earned a certificate in General Practice at St. Luke’s Medical Center/St. Vincent’s Charity Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio. Dr. Diaz completed his post-doctoral surgical training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center and its affiliated hospitals including Cook County Hospital – John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital and West Side VA Medical Center of Chicago, Illinois. Dr. Diaz is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and a Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. He has medical staff appointments at Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital in Houston and Bayshore Medical Center in Pasadena, Texas. Dr. Diaz’s clinical interests include dentoalveolar surgery, orthognathic surgery, dental implantology and trauma.
He enjoys trips to Central America for dental relief missions. Previous missions include: Pena Blanca, Honduras; Macuelizo, Honduras; and Comitan, Mexico.
Dr. Diaz resides in Pearland, Texas with his wife Dr. Ivette M. Diaz, a pediatric dentist, and their two sons. Dr. Diaz and his family are avid fans of the Houston Astros, Rockets, and Texans. Dr. Diaz is fluent in English and Spanish.
- Fellow: American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Diplomate: American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow: International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member: Texas Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member: Houston Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member: American Dental Association
- Member: National Hispanic Dental Association
- Member: Greater Houston Hispanic Dental Association
- Member: American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Member: Texas Dental Association
- Member: Greater Houston Dental Association
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Certified in Advanced Trauma Life Support